Project in Europe.
- Work closely with the Estimating Manager and the Pre-Construction Manager and other members of the bid and operational team in the preparation of tenders.
- The Estimator will carry out estimating duties for all tender work, as directed by the Estimating Manager or Senior Estimator.
- This will include but not limited to, analysis of tender documentation, take off of quantities, use of Causeway to create tender prices, development of activity rates and build ups from first principals, issuing of subcontract enquiries in collaboration with the Commercial and Procurement team, assessment of subcontract quotations in consultation with operational, technical and procurement staff, completion of prelims books papers in line with the tendered strategy.
- The Estimator will be involved in the preparation and submission of the tender quality submission as required.
- The Estimator will participate in tender handover meeting following success and tender debrief sessions whether the tender is successful or unsuccessful.
- The Estimator will participate in post contract review meeting to receive feedback on tender assumptions and their validity within the delivery of the project.
- Demonstrate appropriate experience, training and qualifications for the post.
- Provide estimating advice and support as directed by the Estimating Manager or Senior Estimator.
- Conduct all duties and responsibilities in a manner that appropriately and adequately supports business unit operating across the country.
- Work with Estimating Manager and Senior Estimator to continuously improve the estimating service through innovation, lessons learned and best practice knowledge supported by demonstrable evidence of such improvement.
Profil recherchéQUALIFICATIONS: - Ideally a recognised University or College Degree in Estimating, Civil Engineering, Quantity Surveying or a related discipline - English: Fluent - Legal/commercial qualifications/training (beneficial) EXPERIENCE: - The successful candidate is likely to be currently employed as an Estimator in a Civil Engineering or infrastructure related industry and have experience of successfully estimating / bidding a number of contracts in the provision of transport infrastructure or civil engineering services. In addition to the above experience the following skills would be advantageous: - Knowledge of the construction industry and its key processes including design - Previous experience in estimating related to asphalt and / or concrete paving - Completing tenders on time, to the required quality standards. - Needs to have all round technical understanding of the activities for which he/she is estimating, probably gained over a number of years’ experience - Experience of managing supply chain input into the tender process - Understanding and inclusion of stakeholder requirements - Experience of build-up of rates from first principles - Demonstrable track record of success in the work winning environment - Strong commitment to Health & Safety, Business Improvement, Quality and Environmental principles - Commercial understanding of tender development - Understanding and awareness of good customer service principles and practice. - Able to identify and implement effective business management processes. PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES / SKILLS: - Highly motivated and self-reliant. - Experience of producing estimates for aviation / surfacing and/or civil engineering contracts. - Experience of using Causeway estimating software packages and IT literate in Microsoft Office suite. - Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Je me connecte pour postuler
Si vous rencontrez un problème avec vos identifiants de connexion, contactez-nous directement au 01 46 21 03 03 ou faites nous parvenir votre CV à l’adresse firstname.lastname@example.org. Nous reviendrons vers vous dans les plus brefs délais